zondag 6 mei 2012

Cruelty-free companies and products



Hello babes

Been a while, and a lot has happened in the mean time (like my sister got married ^^).
Today I wanted to talk to you about companies that do and do not test on animals.
I came across this subject today because of this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134555/Lush-animal-testing-protest-Woman-subjected-experiments-horrified-shoppers.html
I'm pretty sure this woman was treated mildly compared to animals, she probably was in pain for real though. I admire her courage!
So, from now on, I will try to only buy cruelty-free make up brands! I started off by reading these lists from the PETA website:
http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/PDF/companiesdonttest.pdf
http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/PDF/companiesdotest.pdf

 To be honest, I was surprised that there were so little companies I actually know that don't test their products on animals, however, I know nearly all the companies that do test on animals. It's seems that the products we see in commercials and stores every day, often test on animals... And we don't even know that our toothpaste or the diapers we use for our babies have been tested on animals...

I still have some products from L'oreal and Maybelline and such. I paid for them, so I won't throw them away now, but I will not buy them anymore!
I also don't think the list of companies that don't test is complete, for example Sugarpill doesn't test their products an animals, and I didn't see Catrice in the list either, although they both clearly claim on their websites that they are cruelty-free.

In an interview with a scientist, I saw this quote: "All life is sacred, but human lives are more sacred than animal lives."
Once again humans think they're superior to animals...

I'll do my best for this cause!

Love~
Kristien

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten